mardi 23 juillet 2013

Just visiting..........




This is my favourite dresser here at the chateau. It is an ever changing display as it gets filled with listed treasures that are only visiting until they are parcelled off to their new homes!


I love the fact that the dresser paint is so flaky that more falls off every day!!! I love the times when visitors who cannot understand my passion for "timeworn treasure" ask if I will be painting it!! NO!!!!




When I lived in the UK I always had a shop and my passion was dressing the windows! I was always devastated when just after completing a window display someone would want to buy the items in there!! Yes I know that was the whole idea of displaying my treasures but when they looked good all together I hated to let them go!

This might be the nearest I get now to a window display!

A la prochaine mes belles
xxxx

1 commentaire:

  1. we have that problem with our windows in the shop too!! How dare they buy it!!

    RépondreSupprimer