mardi 7 mai 2013

Versailles treasure trove..............



Driving through Versailles today ( as you do on a Tuesday!!) we found in a backstreet the most wonderful architectural antiques brocante.


It has been in the same family for over 100 years and is a huge sprawling yard filled with stunning period doors, windows, window grilles, oeil de boeuf zinc windows, garden furniture, every old fitting you could need to restore an old house.

Row upon row, avenue upon avenue of stunning pieces. I redecorated the chateau over and over in my head with each new treasure I found! I had to be literally dragged out to continue our journey. But , you can peruse the treasures at your leisure with the photographs below!








( cast iron stair rails)







I have had a wonderful truffling trip and I shall be home tomorrow. The car is packed so full that you couldn`t even find a gap to slide an anorexic mouse that has been run over by a steam roller!!

But oooooooooooh the chair......a chair I found this morning....so delicieux it may be staying at the chateau! I will photograph it when I am home.

A demain mes belles
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 commentaire:

  1. I say, BUY A BIGGER car, LOL Come on, what's important here? You need more room, right?

    Sigh, your brocante is amazing. Lucky you.

    RépondreSupprimer