dimanche 19 août 2012

Grandmere`s tooth...........

A wonderful morning truffling for treasures in the early morning light at a village brocante. 

A Paris department store box that had belonged to a "Grandmere".


I really didn`t care if the box was empty, the label was enough for me!! A quick peek inside and the treasures came tumbling out.....some still with their original pink Paris labels intact.




I bought it without truffling through and couldn`t wait to get home to take a better look!


As the morning wore on the crowds began to appear and it was almost impossible to jostle through the stands. 

Time to stop for a well earned coffee and to sit on the pavement " people watching".



A little old lady as frail as a tiny bird sat alone at the next table deep in conversation with herself. Well into her eighties or even nineties she was chatting away and I wondered who in her imagination she was talking to. 

She happily talked away for while and as she got up to leave she picked up her willow shopping basket  I saw it...........


A tiny "Bluetooth" mobile earphone tucked into her ear! 




I am SO behind the times!!!

A la prochaine mes belles!
bisoux
xxxxx


3 commentaires:

  1. That is too funny! My own mother uses a bluetooth and I don't own one. We are in the same boat, Shirley. I don't want people to think me crazy, lol.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I wouldn`t even know how to switch one on let alone use it! Glad I am not alone!!

      Supprimer
  2. Hello My Dear,
    Such a wonderful story. I enjoy reading your posts so much. Wonderful treasures. Lucky you. Oh, my best to Gigi. How is she feeling? Well and strong I hope.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    RépondreSupprimer