dimanche 20 février 2011

Off with her head!

I am still unpacking some divine old treasures from the chateau attic clearance......................

I could quite happily keep it all..................................

.................there are still lots more rolls of divine old ribbons.............

and stack upon stack of lace along with some of the finest silk handkerchiefs I have ever seen.

If you missed the link to the chateau clearance here it is;
http://simply-chateau.blogspot.com/2011/01/truffling-in-attic.html#comments

I haven`t checked the postbox today but I am sure that my royal wedding invite will be there. Of course, William and Kate will have invited me to Westminster Abbey for the ceremony. I am surprised I have not been contacted as yet to make Kate`s dress. I have some old ticking with 19th Century darns, lots of coarse, old hand-loomed linen and some batches of lace that I could use! Wonder if I could arrange to have a banner outside Westmister Abbey saying
www.simply-chateau.com   - or perhaps I could print it on the back of her ticking train? !! 

 I may be writing my next blog from the Tower of London......................off with her head!

4 commentaires:

  1. Haven't you got your invite yet, must be the french post, I hear the Beckhams have theirs!!! I have the very same vase (is that the right word) as your first photo, bought in Normandy! I really love it looks lovely with spring bulbs in. Hope your ankle is feeling better.
    Jillxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Gosh! you have just made me swoon....I love darns any darns.. even bad darns I have always collected darns..please put some on your blog and allow me to swoon and covert quietly please oh please just a little one would do.........
    So sorry about that I lost control just for a moment ha ha...I'm sure the invite is on its way.....
    Lynn xxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Darns on the way!!!! Perhaps my invite has not come because I am going to be a bridesmaid?

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh gosh yes...but I bet you would rather be truffleing around in France ha ha....
    Lynn xx

    RépondreSupprimer