dimanche 13 février 2011

From window space to cyber space!!!!!

Someone recently asked me about the shop I used to own in the UK before we moved to  France - and I managed to find these old photographs.............................


It was hard work constantly having to cross the channel to find treasures to keep it fully stocked as things sold so quickly. Each time I arrived in France I was totally captivated and always wanted to do "just one more" brocante before having to leave for the UK - and quite often missed the ferry home!

Then I discovered the online auction site - my regular shop buyers could still see my treasures but the world became my oyster ...... things changed dramatically.

 I adored my trips to France and as soon as possible we made the move to Normandie and found that we could just as sucessfully operate from there,  not having to arrange the ferry crossings and make hotel bookings was one great advantage.

 But I must admit that I did miss the window and shop dressing having somewhere to display my finds until they went to a new home.

That`s obviously something I can`t do now as the chateau would be full to the brim!   Now, I simply have to photograph my treasures and then pack them away until posting. 

But do I miss sitting in the shop all day?  No way!!! I`d rather be out truffling for treasures!!!

A demain mes belles!

3 commentaires:

  1. Oh la la Madame Shirley, I can't wait until we can come to visit, I will be your trainee truffler!
    T x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A great story Shirley. Your shop looke great, but now you are right in the middle of the action!
    Enjoy truffling - I like that word.
    à bientôt,
    Mimi

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. your chateau is your shop and when you come to fitting out the new extention you can window dress until your heart's desire. Glad to hear the ankle is on the mend. see you soon Viv x

    RépondreSupprimer