mercredi 22 décembre 2010

Bayeux at Christmas...............

Christmas is NOT Christmas for me without a shopping trip to Bayeux - and a visit to my favourite place, Patisserie Mathilde!
Bayeux is simply divine.  I spend most of my time looking upwards at the old buildings above the shop fronts! Click on the photographs to enlarge them for a closer look!


Tucked away in the high street is the prettiest old watermill.
I wonder how anyone will climb that wall to put that old shutter back in place?

So many divine little side streets to explore.....

............and some 19th century features that stop me in my tracks





Are your initials GD ? Wouldn`t you just love these gates?

 And a little last minute gift shopping in the delicatessen.....

......and, as we made our way through the town it was freezing cold, it started snowing again and then......... along came Pere Noel!

We arrived at Patisserie Mathilde feeling very festive.

I`ll show you tomorrow why a visit to this very special Patisserie is a real Christmas delight!!
A demain mes belles................

4 commentaires:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful tour. Why I am not there?
    Happy Holidays!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. How lovely to be able to wander and shop in such a lovely place.
    As you know I have only been to France once (3 weeks travelling in my old Trannie, van that is) and you have certainly got my love of travelling and mooching fired up again. Expect a visit!
    T X

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Tracey you are always welcome to visit!!
    xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Looks bloomin cold over there!!!! Liz xxx

    RépondreSupprimer