vendredi 12 novembre 2010

Get that vache out of my jardin........

The rain has lashed here for days and the wind has howled across the marsh towards us. I knew it would only be a matter of time before the marsh began its winter flood and the last remaining cattle would have to be moved.
When we got up this morning after another night of heavy rain, I opened the shutters to see the water has risen dramatically overnight and all the cattle were up close to the gate looking for grass. I grabbed my camera so that I could show you the scene as winter closes in........

........It wasn`t long before the cattle trucks started arriving to take them all to shelter.............

All was going well with the loading until a few cows made a bid for freedom and crashed through the hedge into the garden..................panic...drop camera......

...............I ran outside to help and soon headed back inside when I saw the host of heffers with huge horns careering around the garden. My box hedges are flattened, the lawns are trashed and the small boy helping retrieve the cows was shouting.....papa......the English are here!!  One heffer started to mount the steps to the house and I managed to beat him to the door and slam it shut before he entered the cuisine.
The chaos continued until dusk and I suppose I will be able to see the full extent of the mess in the daylight tomorrow.
HUH!!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire