mardi 23 novembre 2010

Divine petite pantoufles............

These are the divine little antique French textile slippers I discovered on my travels last week.............
.................never used and just packed away for years...............
....................simply adorable little textiles treasures with a little corsage stitched onto the frou frou frills.......
.........................................from a more elegant era............
As I type Tartellette is in the air mid-flight back to the States. She told us she has always wanted swans in her garden at home and just before she left a pair arrived on the marsh near the house! She grabbed the nearest footwear and like a lunatic ran out to photograph them.......

Its a good job she found some wellies before my toile pantoufles!!!
I am gradually catching up with my listings and for some reason ( due to someone being mid air?!) the chateau is once again a haven of calm and quiet!
Gorgeous daughter Kate has listed a few delicious little vintage French fripperies on her own Ebay site now ( Huh!!! I am no longer required and it appears that having been raised in a house constantly filled with my brocanting treasures she had a very good eye and can run faster than me at the brocantes!!! Note to myself.....lock the armoires!!!.) Her Ebay name is passionatelyparis.........not so much a chip off the old block as a tassle off the old portiere!!!!
A la prochaine mes belles.

2 commentaires:

  1. The slippers are wonderful. What a find!
    Love the photo of your daughter with the swans.

    big hugs,
    Barb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a brilliant find they are so pretty! I will be checking out your daughter's ebay shop!
    have a lovely day
    Jillx

    RépondreSupprimer