jeudi 5 août 2010

Beauty is in the eye.....................

I nipped into a small brocante today that I usually pass by. The monsieur that owns the shop is always very pleasant and keen but he never ever has anything for me and always seems so deflated when I walk out empty handed! He just has a very different eye to me and the vintage and antique treasures he piles in his small shop just have no appeal for me. As the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  but everything is so very highly polished and pristine.

Today as I drove past I caught the glimpse of a ribbon bedecked straw hat on a coat rack in the window so of course the brakes went on and in I went!!

He had cleared a house of a large armoire and tucked away inside were a batch of hats from the early 1900s......................

Of course I bought the one from the window and he opened the armoire and I bought the next one..............

and the next.............

and the next.............

and the next.........

I didn`t think he had ever noticed that I never bought anything with him but as I left he said he was glad he had finally after all these years, found something to please me!
I wonder how long it will be again before he finds something else?

1 commentaire: