samedi 26 juin 2010

A little shabby treasure.....................


This wonderful 19th century bird cage must have been a divine confection for a cherished song bird .........................sadly now all that`s left of it is the front, but its has wonderful shabby paint and old twisted wirework.

I did bring it home to list on my Ebay site.....but.....I could always find a space for it in the garden...............
Or I am sure it could slip in amongst my pictures in the hallway! It may now be just a cage front but its still too lovely to discard.

The weather here is scorching hot and after the long hard winter it is very very welcome. All of the doors and windows are flung open, Charles le Baron du Breuil is alseep under the hazlenut tree, Diggers is sunning himself on the steps, the hay on the marsh is already being cut and baled and all we can hear is bird song and croaking frogs!
Off brocanting this weekend and I`ll let you know what I find!
A la prochaine...........................

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire