dimanche 4 avril 2010

Easter Renoirs and a little silk...............

Off to a village brocante at 6.00am and it wasn`t looking good. Last night was lashing rain and howling wind so I think alot of people that would have loaded their cars to take a stand had decided it would still be just as bad this morning. But when we stepped out into the breaking dawn this morning it was dry and the wind had dropped.
We arrived at the tiny village just as the cars were pulling in and people who live there were just emptying their barns and garages. A quick march around the stands truffled out very little and it wasn`t looking too promising................oh well....it can`t always be good!!! I wished I had stayed in bed rolled over and had a lie in!
I walked past a little old lady just as she was unpacking and saw her unload some pretty prints in old gold frames. I carried on walking to see who else had unloaded further down the street and on the way back decided to stop and look closer at the prints. I was delighted to find they were not prints but were all silk pictures................
All softly muted and so pretty. Some with Renoir tags and some with Manet tags.............

All in wonderful condition and a set of five in all.............



She told me they had come from the house of her great "tante" and she had found them when she emptied the old house in the village. So cheered up by these little treasures I kept on walking and searching.
A few more quirky finds later......................



I decided it wan`t such a bad morning after all. So it was home for steaming hot coffee and a croissant armande and a day of photographing my finds for my auctions. Helped of course ( or is that hindered?!!!) by The Baron!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire